Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catch up!

So it's been a while, and we (Emily) apologize. It's been my turn to blog and I've been lazy. We won't discuss the fact that I am addicted to a game called packrat on Facebook..... it's a sore subject! :) (right Hillary?!)
So we've been busy! We've had some gourmet meals. Yes, hamburgers are gourmet when you have them with wine! I also tried my hand at homemade steak fries. They are VERY simple, and turned out quite delicious! I can't remember what wine we were drinking with this, but it was good as well.

Yeah, it's not the best photo, but you get the idea, we're fancy!

We've been very busy with other projects as well. A couple of months ago I got the itch to redo some of the downstairs bathroom. We affectionately call it the "Playboy" bathroom. Unfortunately I don't think we have any before pictures of the bathroom, but I'll try to describe it for those who haven't seen it.
1) There was a giant mirror.... It covered the entire wall above the sink and toliet, I believe it's dimensions are about 2 feet tall by 4 feet wide. But I'm not positive. It was big.
2) There was a giant mirrored light bar above that, it would hold about 9 clear glass globe lightbulbs. That bathroom isn't the size of the Taj Mahal. Really.... 9 lightbulbs!
3) The black tile and toliet don't help the playboy image.

Ok, so here's what we did. We took down the giant mirror and large light fixture. We replaced it with a small 2 light fixture. There used to be a recessed medicine cabinet on the wall to the right of the sink. We took that out and patched the hole. We patched a couple of other small holes discovered behind the mirror and from where the old light fixture was. Then we added texture to match the rest of the walls and painted. We hung a new medicine cabinet over the sink, and a couple of decorative shelves over the toilet. Topped it all off with a new towel bar by the sink.

It wasn't a huge project, but we're pleased with the result and glad it's done!
I have to admit I don't know when we would have gotten this done, but a phone call from my Dad, who was ready to come visit, that was a great motivator!

And finally, we hung some curtains downstairs. This was a HUGE remodel last year, we do have before and afters for this one. Looks a little different now! And finally today we hung the curtains down there.TaDa! No more house projects for the next week or so I think..... hehehehehe But soon.... the mailbox! (I loathe our mailbox!)
Thanks for checking in! Hope all is well!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw, no more playboy bathroom? You're no fun.

Unknown said...

oooooh, ahhhhh - how fancy. wonder when I'll be able to visit between texas and mexico.....??????