Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Before X-mas

Hey Folks,

Quick update here. I'm hoping that by making quick updates I won't have to spend a bunch of time that I'll put off.

So this weekend Emily and I had a pretty good time. Friday was the last day of work before a 2 week shutdown for me so my co-workers and I stopped at a cigar lounge and enjoyed some scotch, cigar, and good company. It was a nice way to wind down after a pretty busy work week. Emily and I went to dinner, it was too cold out to wait for the horse and carriage ride, so just dinner. The fire department got toned to a working mutual aid fire over in Lafayette. So I threw some cash on the table and ran out of dinner. We were done eating and Emily said it was OK. Turned out Lafayette had it handled, or so they thought, since it rekindled the next morning.

Saturday Emily and I got a bunch of stuff around the house taken care of then went to the Colorado Mammoth indoor Lacrosse game. There were about 20 of us in our group and we were having a pretty good time. Then one of our friends found out that some of her friends had room for about 20 people in their suite. Sweet! The seats were better and they had a better beer selection. The Mammoth lost in over time 12-11. We had a good time anyway.

Sunday I went snow shoeing with some buddies. We are looking for a place to build an igloo! If we build it, it'll get some air time here for sure. We hiked about 4.25 miles, about 1 of it was off trail bushwhacking in the Brainard Lake area. Emily got in a good work out at the gym and did some more chores around the house. There would probably be too much junk on the floor to open all the doors if she didn't live here. She really does a lot of the clean up work and I appreciate it. I was running late so I rushed to get ready and we went the Colorado Rage hockey game. Emily's company has a suite there., so we got free food and to watch the game. It was prety fun.

I'm off for snowboarding Monday and Tuesday, while Emily and a bunch of other suckers are at work! Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for reading.

No comments: