Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Keeping Mad Props to my Dog!

Not to upstage our Dog, Brewski, but today is my birthday.


"What is he going to do?" You might be asking yourself. Well the answer is simple; save lives, make a difference, and serve ice cream, duh. I'll be at the Baskin Robins in Louisville raising money for FF's tonight, till about 9 or 10. Then I'll be spending the night at the station on Crew. The worst part is I don't drink on days that I have crew. My whole birthday with out a beer. I hope a tear lands in all of your beers for me, my dears. But enough of my whining.

Last week I took the day off. Got in a nice mountain bike ride at Hall Ranch. It's one of my favorite trails and if you're here we'll hit it up. Then I met up with Jason, Beth and Emily and we went to the Cubs vs. Rockies Baseball game. I splurged and got nice seats, 30 rows up on the First Base side, right at first. We had a blast! Played some of the trendy Texas Hold Em' Poker with Jason over at Buenos Tiempos after the game and called it a night. Pretty good for a day off. The weather was great so that's always a plus. That was a Thursday, I spent all of Friday thinking it was Monday, weird.

Maggie is turning into one great dog. She has a lot more energy and is a lot happier. Her tail might beat a hole in the floor from wagging! Might be time to start up with some training to work on her commands. She knows all of them but is a little vague on the term "command". The more we get to know her the more we start to see she's had a rough past. Any quick movements or yelling at Brewski will start her cowering and tucking her tail. So far she's inappropriately taken down a half loaf of bread and a half bag of treats. So we switched her to the Senior food so she can eat more food and consume the same number of calories. Even getting through the worms she still has to loose another 5 pounds. Brewski is doing his best to get Maggie to play, still to no avail. So that's the latest.

Also I rebuilt the stable and got things organized and easier to access over the weekend. I'll add pictures as I get them. Still no hardware from James to get the finders on but might see that this weekend!

Hope all of you are well, feel free to leave us some comments!

No comments: