Monday, August 25, 2008

Apprehension

***Update - Brewski is fine I'm picking him up at 4:30 MST - Update***

Hey All,

I joined LFD to push my comfort zone. Which it did, I can actually watch the surgery shows on TV and be interested. But I was starting to get comfortable there. Seems (Emily and James) like a good thing but not really sure it is. Hence the Officer in Training stuff. So, yesterday I picked up a Sunday Day crew, 7am to 3 pm. We ran scenarios all morning and I was in command. I had to organize all 7 of us in 3 apparati (spelling? I mean to say there was more than one vehicle, sounds more like a secret cult though.), oh and imagine a fire of some kind in my head explain it to everyone then tell them what to do. Also, one of the guys I'm instructing has 10+ years of fire experience, I have 3. So it's stressful for me, good stress though. But today at work I'm exhausted. I didn't realize that the day crews had to talk to so many people. We gave directions, listened to offers for terrorism training (Yes, of course Louisville is a Terrorism hot bed), we even had to convince some idiot that he could not climb up on top of the Engine so he could jump up on the roof of the gas station to retrieve his cell phone. I know what you're thinking and his idiot friend threw it up there. Not everyone is the stellar decision maker that I am. (I hope that's as funny for you all as it is for me) But, it was good day.

The next thing that makes me jealous of most of my patients blood pressure is the dog. Yes, our dog. He is 5 and he needs his teeth cleaned. So they have to put him under sedation to do it. Pretty much the most dangerous part of any procedure is the anesthesia. So here in a couple of hours I'll know if we still have a dog.

Lastly, Emily is going in for her appointment about her shoulder so there will be surgery for her scheduled today. Again, not a big deal but anytime you get knocked out and they stick stuff in you, there is cause for apprehension.

But, I have a sweet rocket of a bike in the garage that uses apprehension and blood pressure for fuel and more mountains out my back door than I could ever climb in a life time. Life is like a bike chain, there at parts that are under tension and parts that are relaxed but it just keeps going on around. It's the parts under tension that get you down the road.

Anyone up for a ride?

3 comments:

Our Story said...

nice blog hunny.... but you used the wrong form of "your" once, should have been "you're" :) LOVE YOU BUNCHES!

Our Story said...

and I think we're currently on MDT... for Daylight savings...

Our Story said...

Spelling and grammar corrections shown in red.