Thursday, September 4, 2008

...like riding a bike.

I love riding my bike.
This was re-affirmed last night. Some friends were meeting, old co-workers of mine at Nautilus, just down the path from my house in Louisville. In an effort to not be dead, save money and save the world (totally not concerned about the cheerleader) I rode my bike down there. It was a beautiful night, cool and clear and hardly any clouds in the sky. I always forget how great that first push from a stand still really feels. The bike takes off and starts rolling down the drive way and I'm off. I love that part! So off I went down the street and out onto the path. Down the path and back into traffic in Louisville. I met up with some good friends and had a beer and some great conversations. Did you know that Crocs paid 22 million dollars to a family in Boulder for Jibitz and they also have over 2 million Butter colored crocs warehoused around the country? Did you know that Roddick broke 2 Babolat Racquet's in the Us Open so far? After some good conversation we all went our separate ways. It was getting dark and I had a bike ride ahead of me. The area we live in has an interesting mix of Ag, open space, industry and residential. All of which I see on the 3 mile ride back to my house. As the sun was setting over the Rockies and I was cruising along a newly paved road I had this on my left:

And this on my right:

This is the kind of thing that would have been missed with a quick car trip. There wouldn't have been any motivation to stop and enjoy. I certainly wouldn't have been motivated to leave before dark. This is why I love to ride my bike. Everyone should own a bike and ride it whenever you can. And certainly don't race it every time, if at all, just go for a ride!