Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This weekend

Hey All,


Emily is moving more and more every day and getting better all the time. We were up for a night out with some friends this weekend. Friday night we watched the Presidential debate. I don't really believe any thing they say at these things but it is important to me how they carry them self in public and under pressure. You get to see a lot of that at the debates, especially with the format they used. Some friends met us over at the house and we went out to the Exchange Tavern. Had a pretty good time. Fairly low key. We didn't want Emily out rubbing shoulders, so to speak, with a packed house at a busy bar. The Exchange worked out great.


Saturday I took a class from Kurt and Trisha of KT's BBQ (wonder where the name came from?) on how to make BBQ. It was great. They tailor the class for stuff you can do in your own back yard. The nice thing about BBQ is it's pretty low tech. I read an article by a guy who built a smoker out of a couple of cardboard boxes. I'm getting excited about making some BBQ. Dad gave me is recipe for Ribs and they came out great so I'm gonna try a brisket of some kind next. Gotta practice so Dad and I can smoke a Turkey for Turkey Day.


That night Emily and I took the Wii over to her co-workers place to have some cocktails and play some Mario Kart. We played a little 4 player tennis as well. We had a pretty good time. I forget how novel and entertaining the Wii can be. It's pretty fun to teach it to some one else. A good time was had by all.


Sunday Emily and I grabbed some breakfast burritos ad Jus' Burritos and headed over to the Dog Park. There were only 2 other dogs at the park so it was a bit of a bust but Brewski was pretty tired anyway. I dropped off Emily to catch up with the family, Jen's new baby is doing well and happy. I headed down to my co-workers house to help him out with the Soap Box Derby Car. It's almost got a rolling chassis. Should have brakes and steering on it by this weekend. Then it's all cosmetic stuff. Gotta make the frame look like a rubber ducky made out of duct tape. The car's name is Tape Duck, if you would like you can become friends with him on Facebook.


Then the sound of cracking whips brought me back to the house. Emily really enjoys tulips so we needed to get some more in the ground. I planted a few for her, since she's only got one good arm. We bought a bulb planter device. It took a bit of force to get the thing into the ground but once you did it was great. Trying to plant those bulbs with out it would not have been fun. Not the most exciting of weekends but a pretty good one. Oh, also I stirred up and added water to the Compost Bin. The stuff in the middle was hot so that's a good sign, means it's working! Ok, thanks for reading enjoy your week!

No comments: