Monday, November 1, 2010

Catching Up

Hey All,

Sorry it has been sooo long since we have blogged. Seems like we have been super busy lately. I have picked up some contract work and it fills the small gaps of time I have had lately. One quick house keeping issue. I have a web album, Hunter 2, on Picasa. If you are interested in seeing that and you aren't getting the email updates let me know. There are more pictures but no descriptions there. They are also bigger and downloadable.

Emily, Hunter and I are doing well. I think I got through a bout of the flu and Emily may have a broken toe, but overall we are doing well. While I was sick we took Hunter to the pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins. I was out of it for a lot of it, but was there. We had a bit of excitement this weekend, while Deb was in town. The smoke detectors went off, for no apparent reason as the house was definitively not on fire, in the middle of the night. Emily took Hunter and Deb out front while I checked the house. On her way out, Emily twisted, and only sprained, her ankle and fell on her butt. She did a great job of making sure that Hunter was OK and well protected as she fell down. She came out of it fairly unscathed but might have a broken pinky toe. Other news for us we are mostly done having all the windows and sliding door in the house replaced, should be done by 11/11. Emily's birthday is coming up this weekend so there might be some pictures and stories from that, we'll see. OK, enough text. I know you just like the pictures and have probably already scrolled down to look at them and are just skimming the text now. So, here you go.


Some friends of ours posted some pictures of their little girl on a swing and we LOVED them. She looked so happy we couldn't believe we hadn't given Hunter this opportunity yet! So we took him out to a park over by Emily's office and let him swing. As you can see he is having a great time.

Emily was giving him a push and I think she was having as much fun as Hunter was, if not more.


I LOVE this picture. You can tell by the smile that he is having a great time. Kid has a great smile, it lights up his whole face. But if you look close you can see his little fingers on his right hand turning white. He's getting to enjoy that "roller coaster" type effect, the delicate balance between fear and fun. If we got him swinging too fast he didn't have quite as much fun.


Louisville Fire Department had a re-dedication of Station 1. Emily and Hunter came down to see the station and join in on the festivities. Hunter had a good time, but he was ready to leave, as you can tell, when Emily took him home. He's a trooper.

Emily had to dress Hunter up in his Ave's jersey that is too big for him. We were headed to BJ's brewery and pizza in Boulder for dinner to watch the Red Wings/Ave's game. I had been watching Hunter all day and had him dressed up pretty well, but Emily had to cover it all up.

Mostly cause this is what I had him in! It's about the cutest little Red Wings track suit and onsie you've ever seen. We were looking pretty sharp, but Emily wanted to cover it up.


The Red Wings/Aves issue will be a battle for some time to come. I have to admit, as much as I hate to see him in Ave's gear, seeing Emily and Hunter this happy and this cute is worth it.

You may have noticed that these pictures are a bit better than ones in the past. Well, special thanks to James Osborne for letting me borrow his Nikon D50 DSLR to take pictures for a bit. I've always wanted to know if a nicer camera would let me take better images and I think it did. Now I'm saving my duckets and holding out till Black Friday, for something of my own.

Like I said, many more images in the Picasa album, HERE.

Here is the second best picture from the Open House that I took. For more take a look at this Picasa Album.

Hunter goes in for his 6 month check up this week, might have new info and some stats after that. Thanks for reading!

No comments: